Monday, June 22, 2009

My Father and Family

I went to my parents house this weekend for Father's Day and because they were babysitting Jillian on Saturday while I worked. So after work I drove out there. I had so much fun looking thru old photos from as old as when my father and mother were little to as old as about 6 years ago. I wanted to post this yesterday for Fathers Day but I had trouble with the scanner. Finally I got it to work so I emailed the pictures to myself so I could do it today. Here is my dad and my grandpa Jack somewhere on the coast in Southern California. Dad looks terrified of the starfish my grandpa is showing him. I love how my grandpa is cracking up.
Here is my cute dad when he was a little boy in Pasadena, Ca.
The whole family around 1979 or 1980. I love this photo especially dads mustache.



We always went hiking and camping as a family. Here we are in the Tetons I think in the early 80's. I love Cheryl's long socks.




Here is another great family photo with Corneilia. Cornelia lived with us for awhile in Poway, CA. She is from Sweden. I called her "Why-yah". I couldn't say her name so that is what I called her.



My dad and I at Disneyland in line for the submarine ride (now where the Nemo ride is). I loved going to Disneyland, what am I saying, I still do.




Mom and dad with 9 out of the 14 grandchildren they have. from Left: Paulie, Tayli, Thomas on my father, Faith, Beau, Livia on my mom, Jessie, Tess and Sarah.
I love my family. Thanks dad for always being there for us and loving us. You are a great father and Grandfather. Everyone that knows my father knows that he is always so positive and happy all the time. Thank you for that.





4 comments:

Erica said...

Amazing Dana! What great photos and memories. I love the family pictures and your Dad's mustache too!

Cheryl said...

I love those pictures! I love the trip down memory lane. And I especially love my socks too!

Cheryl said...

Ok, I have to say more. I have never seen that picture before of Dad and Grandpa and the starfish! I LOVE it! I can never imagine Dad being scared of anything, even when he was little, so I love that picture, and also that Grandpa is cracking up. I also love the first family picture and remember vividly when we took it. I was sweaty, just home from school and Steve is wearing a Mork & Mindy shirt!! So funny.

Laura said...

Oh I LOVE all those pictures, DANA. Thanks for posting those.
And love that Cornelia is in a family portrait!!! Cute!