Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Hurray!

I passed out candy at my work. There were alot of great costumes like this family above. I have no clue who they are. I just asked if I could take their picture, they were probably wondering why. Maybe one day they will radomly look on my blog and see themselves. How weird would that be.
Here is the Halloween Menlo Park parade. They march down our street where I work. Its pretty cute for the kids then they all go trick or treating. Side Note: How come kids hardly say Trick or Treat anymore? Whats up with that! Not very many kids said those traditional words while I was passing out candy. They would just open up there bags not saying a word. A few times I said, "what do you say? They were like,, "um thank you?" Then I would say, "No, I mean before that, what do you say?" I felt like a jerk, but seriously how hard is it to say, TRICK OR TREAT to get free candy!!

Here's our little pirate girl!!



We were all going to be Hawaiin tourists but I found that totally sweet jacket at the thrift store so I was Mary Lou Reton. I look pretty pyscho, I know. We had fun though!!


7 comments:

Cheryl said...

I LOVE that you were Mary Lou Retton! That is so funny. You all look so cute!!

Ella said...

The costumes are great! Jillian is adorable. And I am cracking up about you making the kids say trick or treat!

Jenni said...

Jillian is the cutest pirate I've ever seen. And next Halloween, you should be Mary Lou Retton again and I'll be that Olympic skier, what's her name, from the 70's. I love any excuse to don that fantastic ski suit.

Erica said...

Dana, you are so creative...always thinking! You remind me of Steve. Jillie looks so cute!

Mike and Gloria said...

What an adorable little pirate girl! You three look great! What fun!

Cason said...

what a cute pirate! tell aaron i thought of him the other day while playing poker. i was dealt a 4, and a Queen...
-bre

Laura said...

Dana I am belly laughing right now that you were Mary Lou Retton! Did you know I saw her in the airport once? She is TINY.
I am still laughing at your costume, I love it.