Thursday, July 23, 2009

Life goes by so fast...

Here is a picture my dad took of us when we were engaged. It was Aaron's Birthday the other day. I love this man. He makes me so happy. Tonight he was helping me feed Jill. She keeps her mouth so tight when I try to feed her, its been a challenge. He showed me how he does it and it worked: first of all he added a little cinnamon to the rice cereal along with carrots and apples. He pretended like he was eating it and then Jillie started to just stare at him wanting some, so he would give her a bite. He repeated this and she began to eat it. She loves having cinnamon in it, is that ok? I hope so. I love him for being silly with her. He makes her laugh all the time. He was gone over his birthday up in Seattle coaching a high school and at the University of Washington for a week and a half and he just missed her so much. I love him for wanting to go up to the city for walks and a good bite to eat. I love him for thinking of packing everything in her diaper bag along with back ups of blankets, jackets, and hats in the car as well as the stroller. I love him for helping me put her to bed tonight. I love him for giving me head massages and back rubs, I love that one of his ring tones on his phone is of Elbow, with a line in the song that says, "holy cow I love your eyes" because that makes me think of how he loves my eyes. I told him before we were engaged on the way to the beach one night for a ward bonfire that if a guy sang green eyes by Coldplay to me I would marry him. I was joking even though I love that song and that night he pulled out his guitar and started playing it and singing it directly to me. Noone else knew he was singing it to me but me. It didn't scare me, it actually made me feel like this could be the beginning of something really cool....



and I was right.














6 comments:

Ian, Jessica, Halle, Camdyn, and Quinn! said...

Very Sweet Dana! Love all of the pics! It WAS so fun to see you guys last night! We will definitely miss seeing you guys as often!

Cheryl said...

Dana you made me tear up!! So sweet. I never knew the Coldplay story!! WOnderful!

Molly said...

Great post!! You guys are such a cute family! We're all glad you and Aaron ended up together. Jillian was a nice addition. :)

Mike and Gloria said...

What a sweet story! We love you three! I could take a few lessons from Aaron -- it sounds like he has it all figured out! And "Happy Birthday, Aaron!"

Erica said...

Love the pictures Dana, and I love your cute family!

Laura said...

That's neat, Dana. I've never heard that story about "green eyes" before. That was awesome.
I will always remember what a beautiful bride you were. That was a really cool day.