Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Meet Jillian Marie!!

Here she is! Jillian was born 10 days early and weighed a whopping 9 lbs. 11 oz. on December 1, 2008 at 8:31 pm. Thank goodness I was able to post one photo, I have been having problems uploading any images. I hope to put a lot more on here soon. Jillian had Jaundice when she was born, which is the yellow color seen in the skin of many newborns. It happens when a chemical called bilirubin builds up in the baby's blood. Her bilirubin went really high so on Thursday, Jillian had to undergo photo therapy. She was placed in a special incubator for a day and a half with special lights on her to lower the bilirubin. She was only taken out for feedings and then put back in. The bilirubin dropped really low so finally on Friday afternoon we were able to bring her home!! We love her so much and we can't wait to have you all meet her.

7 comments:

Sandy said...

What a little cutie! Oh how I hate jaundice! My kids had it too. But with Talan they gave me a "bili-blanket" so I was still able to hold him. I can't wait to meet her!

Jenni said...

Well, of all your million cute things, I think Jillian tops the list!

the keele's said...

so so cute. look at those eyelashes. good job you two.

Sharon said...

Well done! She's a cute kiddo.

Laura said...

Congrats, Dana and Aaron. She is absolutely lovely. We love her already!

Erica said...

She is so beautiful!

Cheryl said...

What a cute picture. We sure love her!