Saturday, September 4, 2010

Just Can't get enough...

Baby Kiera is now 9 days old today. We have been having so much fun with her. She's such a good baby. I feel like I have it easy. She's a good sleeper and eater.
Here's a recap of my Labor:
They started to induce me at 11:30am wed. August 25th and we waited and waited and kept waiting. That night around midnight I was feeling alot of Back Labor (which means feeling alot of pain in your back) so they gave me the epidoral around 12:30 am. Then the potossum. We got a few hours of sleep in that night and by 4:00am I was only dialated to a 4 and then they checked me again at I think 10 am and I was still dialated to a 4 or 5! I was getting so discouraged at this point. Aaron actually had a dentist appointment at 9:30 am. Your probably thinking, bad timing. Yeah, it was but unfortunately, he was having alot of pain and needed a root canal done and that was the only opening so since I was only dilated to a 4-5, we thought it would be okay for him to be gone for a couple of hours. Well, after they checked me at 10 then the doctor decided to break my water to get things moving. Well, that infact is what happened. At 11:00 am I called the nurse in to tell her that I think she should check me again and sure enough I was at a 10 and I was feeling like I needed to push. By this time it was around 11:30am and Aaron wasn't there yet! I called him and told him to hurry up and luckily he was in the hospital lobby. Aaron was only there for about 15 minutes by the time Kiera came out. I was so glad he made it. In 5 pushes she was out at 11:58 am. Weighing 8 pounds 11 ounces, 21 inches long.



Max and Jillie can't get enough of her, its pretty cute.


Thank you mom for coming for a week to help me. I couldn't of done it without her.


Our little family is growing..


I love these girls









8 comments:

Mike and Gloria said...

You guys are the best parents! We see how you are with Jillie and with Kiera. We love your little family -- all of you!

Cheryl said...

I love all of these pictures!! We can't wait to meet Kiera! Love you.

LJ, DC and ML said...

She is so sweet Dana! Can't wait to meet her. Hurray!

Erica said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world Kiera!!! Congrats you guys, what a wonderful thing. It was so fun to see you!!

Molly said...

So exciting, Dana! I can't wait to meet her!! It was really fun seeing you guys the other week. Glad we got to sneak in a little time before your life got busier. :)

Laura said...

aww, we love her already!!

beck said...

She looks so cute! Hope you are all adjusting and life is swell! :)