Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sweet Old Man at the Bakery

This morning I got to work early, so I walked over to a local bakery to get a cinnamon roll. As I was waiting for them to heat it up, this sweet old man with a cane got up from where he was sitting and came right over to me and tapped me on the shoulder and said, " Excuse me, when are you expecting a baby?" I replied the beginning of Septemeber. He then put his hand on my shoulder and with tears in his eyes, he muffeled, " Do you know what your having?" I told him a girl with a grin on my face. He then replied, "Awe, I have 4 girls!" He then brushed my cheek still with tears in his eyes. He was such a sweet old man. I wanted to give him a hug but I thought that might of been weird. That made my day!

7 comments:

Molly said...

That just made me all teary-eyed! So sweet.

Erica said...

I love it! There are great people in this world still! Hope you are feeling well.

Cheryl said...

I needed to read that today. Thanks for sharing!! So sweet.

beck said...

It made your day, and I bet it made his day, too! How sweet!

Laura said...

ok that is so sweet Dana.
I'm so glad you had that experience. It probably made your day.

Sandy said...

How sweet is that!! I love old men! Really.. they are so cute!

Mike and Gloria said...

Thanks for sharing such a sweet story. I can see why that would make your day!