Monday, September 21, 2009

blessings

Yesterday in Young Womens the teacher for the Miamaids asked the girls to each tell the class one thing possitve about their week. There was one girl who said she did really well on her Math test. Another girl said she spoke to a friend that she hasn't seen in a long time. One of the leaders said that her husband just received an award for his heritage and will be picking it up in Washington DC this week (I'm not quite sure exactly what it was for), then it quickly came to me to say something positive that happened to me last week. I was a little nervous cause I couldn't think of anything really, then I remembered this, I said I ran with my baby and my dog three times last week. Thats all I could think of. I am proud of myself for doing that but why couldn't I think of anything else at the time? It made me realize that I need to be more grateful for everything I have in my life and to think more postively. I don't want to ever hesitate if and when asked that question again. There are so many things right now in my life that are positive. My little girl who I adore in every way possible, my hard working husband and good father, my sweet pup, my understanding boss that lets me work part time after taking 3 months off for maternity leave, my loving parents that I get to see so often, my good friends all around me and knowing Jesus Christ lives and loves me. I am so blessed.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love this!! Happy Birthday to you. Love you!

Mike and Gloria said...

Thanks for reminding me to remember my blessings and to think of them often! What a great lesson! I love that we get to see you so often -- you, Aaron, and Jillie! You put smiles on our faces!

Laura said...

Great reminder to be thinking of the positives in life that are seemingly ordinary. Love you Dana.
Happy late B-day. This is the year I have been AWFUL about birthdays. I'm sorry.