Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bump Bump Wobble Wobble...



So, two nights ago I went to bed after Aaron (which is very surprising), and as I crawled into bed and began to feel all snuggled into my blankets, the end of the bed literally started shaking like Max had just jumped on the bed. Aaron woke up saying, "Did you let Max on the bed!?" I said no, so then I proceeded to turn on the light. Of course nothing was there so I turned back off the light and there it was again "bump, bump, wobble, wobble". Of course Aaron went back to sleep instantly and I was horrified the whole night. Let me tell you, we have both noticed this multiple times on our bed starting in the old house. It started with Aaron telling me to stop moving around on the bed in our old place when we would be asleep once in awhile. He would tell me in the morning that I was shaking the bed, but I could never recall doing that. I believed him at first that it was me, but now as we both lie awake together sometimes we will feel it, so we know that it isn't the other person. Unless Aaron is playing a mean joke on me. Its the weirdest thing. You are all probably thinking we are crazy. Its almost like a delayed reaction when we move around then like 3 seconds later the bed will then wobble very subtly. Its very strange. So when this happened two nights ago, I seriously began to feel uneasy and a little scared thinking our bed was haunted or something (which sounds absolutely absurd.) I even started thinking that I was never going to sleep in the bed again when Aaron wasn't there (remember I was half asleep at this point.) Of course when morning came around, I kept thinking about it, wondering what it could be. (I hope you are laughing right now and not scared as you are reading this, because I am laughing.) I wish I were a scientist or really good at physics because it has got to be the way we have our bed set up. Maybe the headboard isn't attached right so it wobbles the bed or maybe it has something to do with having two box spring mattresses with our cal king mattress on top. Does anybody have any ideas? I am open to suggestions. Maybe we should call for ghost busters to come over and take a look!

I think we should look around for some other beds. We both don't need to be bothered by mysterious thumping at night. Wouldn't you agree?
Maybe we should get the floating bed above (you shouldn't feel any shaking with that one or maybe the bed with the mattress shaped as a person sleeping in a fetal position. You wouldn't be able to move so it definitely wouldn't shake...
Anybody is free to come by and test this out if you dare...




4 comments:

Molly said...

Um, I would not be able to sleep. I am totally afraid of the dark. And if my bed were moving on its own, I think I would freak out. Good thing you have Big A to protect you from the ghosts!!

Cheryl said...

I wouldn't be able to sleep either. That is so weird. But we have a glass breaking ghost living with us. He pushes glasses, vases, glass bowls, and yesterday a Mason jar right out of our hands when we are carrying glass. So I feel for you.

Laura said...

down right freaky dana. maybe aaron has a parasitic twin growing from the ankle area.. that he has managed to keep hidden from you. it yearns to be heard at night, so it thrashes and screams a muted cry while aaron sleeps. maybe.

cheryl said...

Those are some cool looking beds!
Love you!
-Tess