Saturday, January 19, 2008

Maxie


We have a Max now! He was our Christmas present to each of us. Ever since Aaron and I go married we wanted to get a dog, but we couldn't where we used to live. So after two years of living without a dog we decided to move just to get one. (That's kindof true, we also wanted some more space.) Our old place was cute but so small and it came fully furnished in a bad way! So we found our beautiful condo that we are renting thanks to a good friend, Kersha in the ward. And we have our own furniture now, yeah!! So after we got settled in to our new place the first thing on our list was to get a dog. We searched and searched on Craigslist and petfinder and then finally we found Max. A lady found him wandering around East San Jose, (I knew Aaron would love him for that reason alone). He was all mangy and dirty and skinny and had a rope around his neck. So the nice lady picked him up and posted him on craigslist. She took him to the vet and they told her that he was not microchipped so there was no way of finding the previous owners. Which, I'm assuming he was not in the best living situation. We are thinking he was either abandoned or got loose. Anyway, Aaron had to work late the night I went to meet him, so I was pretty bummed about that. But I went anyway and instantly fell in love with him. I asked the lady if I could pay her the $5o bucks and take him to Aaron's work so she let me and after a long, anticipating 30 minutes he said Yes. He is such a cutie. We love him. He is a Terrior mix. One of my clients that goes to dog shows told me that he has to be part Dandie Dinmont . I was like, "what is that?" So, in case you are curious here are some images of Dandie Dinmonts. He also has a curly tail so he might be mixed with a Shih tsu too. but it remains a mystery. http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&resnum=0&q=dandy+dinmont+terrier&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love that picture of Aaron and Liv. It made me think of that night when she asked him what happened to his hair? So cute. She loves him (and you) so much!!! Max is so cute. The kids are hoping you can bring him and come out after baby comes.

Dana said...

I know, I love the picture of Livia and Aaron too. I am so excited to come down after you have Avery.

Molly said...

You got a dog!! I'm so jealous! You guys are going to be perfect dog parents. :)

cheryl said...

Max is SO cute!

Love, Tess